[FRIAM] GOES-East CONUS - GeoColor - NOAA / NESDIS / STAR

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:19:16 EST 2020

Speaking of clouds, RENESAN offered a course this semester, entitled,
"Clouds". It was taught by Jim Kemper, a meteorologist who was the lead
forecaster for the DC office of the National Weather Service. My wife,
Sherry Kelsey, joined in and found it fabulous, both in content and
presentation. It was our largest course, with 91 enrolled. Jim will be
teaching a two-presentation course in the Spring, entitled, "The Weather
and Teleconnections". Should also be terrific, and of interest to FRIAM
folk.

George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
georgeduncanart.com
See posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Land: (505) 983-6895
Mobile: (505) 469-4671

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.