[FRIAM] The Last Threadbender was: Uncanny Valley was: Biden beats Trump

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Nov 11 12:32:24 EST 2020

> I think the thread-bending horse left the barn a decade ago.  Even Owen could bend a thread or two in his time.  .

NLT-

If I believed that literally and were (more) obtuse than I am I  might
start removing Subject lines entirely.

I do not believe they are superflous and depend on my own (weak but
still operating) associative memory to glean something from
thread:author:sequence triples when I try to decide what to (re)read
thoroughly or to refer back to after someone makes a previously
uninteresting/relevant (to me) thread interesting/relevant.

I don't know when I became an "old dog" but I find myself
avoiding/resisting "new tricks" like the ones the Morlocks provide (e.g.
nabble) and Glen points us at from time to time (e.g SMMRY
https://smmry.com/).

FWIW I just gandered (you can verbize any noun?) nabble:FriAM and
realized the last column provides a "score" or "roster" of who has had
the "last word" in a given thread, for better or worse.

- SAS