[FRIAM] Biden beats Trump

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:19:48 EST 2020

There's so much that's so wrong I can't let it go uncommented. Everything you say (in almost every post) seems to factor out *time*. When you say "As commands to the self, [anger, hate, contempt, etc.] make no sense what so ever", you're speaking as if the Nick of 20 years ago is the exact identical Nick as the present Nick, which is so wrong as to be laughable.

Your ill-expressed point is that the empathy/sympathy emotions for Trump supporters are not under your intentional control. And you seem to be saying that those of us who claim we shouldn't "spare" any empathy/sympathy are either in denial or self-blinding or somesuch. Again, that ignores *time*. Sure, I feel empathy for some of them, someTIMES. But I don't for others of them, at other times.

If you've ever extracted yourself from an abusive relationship, you should understand this episodic concept. If you have never had such a relationship, then you are the luckiest person I've ever met. The longer the idiocy goes on, the less empathy I feel, the fewer episodes of empathy I experience. The abuser only has so much time to change his ways before I explode and murder him in his sleep, my tears of sympathy mixing with his blood.

Maybe the additional premise is that there is such a thing as time and evolution? It's weird that someone who talks about things like MOTH would fail to understand that, though.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ