[FRIAM] Fwd: Guest Lectures in CS11-737

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:19:25 EST 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Graham Neubig <gneubig at cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: Guest Lectures in CS11-737
To: <lti-seminar at cs.cmu.edu>

Hi All,

Just wanted to send a quick reminder about the talk today by Shonosuke
(Sho) Ishiwatari of Mantra Inc.

Sho got his PhD at University of Tokyo about 2 years ago and was a visitor
at the LTI in my lab. Since then he's gone on to found a very interesting
startup that uses computer vision and machine translation to translate
Japanese comics (Manga) into other languages:
https://mantra.co.jp/index_en.html

If you're interested in hearing more about the language technology
challenges involved therein you can join at the below link at 5:10PM today:
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/91320970128?pwd=SVorVnhJSGMvL1lDdng2cjZ0VlJVUT09

Graham

--
George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.