[FRIAM] New ways of understanding the world

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 17:26:14 EST 2020

Let’s say I provide you with a string of random numbers copied from the best random number table you care to offer.  No, we go to Jon, and holding the table in our laps, we correctly guess every number in the sequence.  Were those numbers random?  Or to make it  even easier, let Jon make a judgement of the randomness of the sequence and then let the sequence recycle and repeat it self exactly.

I know that these are “citizen” questions.  I have never quite grasped the concept of randomness (as you see).

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/