[FRIAM] Shorthands for Brain-stuff

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:46:43 EDT 2020

Yep. But to be fair, that's part of their job, as long as their belief is temporary ... for the purposes of playing an idea out to its reasonable conclusions. What's inevitable is that any philosopher machine, like any machine, will tend to get stuck in some rut as it ages and degrades ... until it stops ticking entirely. It's tragic, really. We non-philosophers are quite lucky in that, as we degrade, the machine we've built over decades wiggles only a little bit around the ephemeris. Barring a domain-shattering discovery (or a gaslighting nightmare like Fox News), non-philosophers will die believing roughly what they came to believe over their lifetime. But for a machine whose purpose it is to swap beliefs like hats and scarves, they could land anywhere.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ