[FRIAM] Trump as a victim

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:41:18 EDT 2020

Perhaps, to further flip this on its head, consider Trump's role on "The
Apprentice". Here we find a man conditioned to play the role of a top
executive on television. Believing that this means he is capable of
competently navigating the top executive role for our nation is like
selecting your doctor based on how well they play the role of a doctor on
television. Arguably, we see this in the inability of a real doctor, Sean
Conley, to play a politically savvy doctor on the evening news. On the other
hand, Conley himself may not be a competent doctor as he appears to fail to
grasp the spirit of the Hippocratic Oath. His medical advice appears to
follow from the whims of his patient. Further, the overtly political display
may fail to "First, do no harm" when it comes to setting a precedence for
the American people at large.

Meanwhile, Trump continues to act out of his "scope of practice", by
continuing to give medical advice to the nation. As the Washingon Post puts
it, "Trump's not a doctor. He's only playing one on TV"[☤].

[☤]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/23/trumps-not-doctor-hes-only-playing-one-tv/

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/