[FRIAM] 8^D

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:44:48 EDT 2020

Ha! Yes, the question always boils down to whether or not one gives the metaphor-maker the benefit of the doubt and assumes they don't foist targetless metaphors upon us. The tragic mistake of a modernist is to think other people are NOT zombies, absent of any content at all. "He can't possibly be as empty-headed as he seems. So there must be some deep structure we could tease out if we had the energy."

I've never heard the Chruchill quote, where's it from?

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ