[FRIAM] OFFLINE:Today's Sermon:: a minor awokening

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Sep 5 21:04:16 EDT 2020

Frank -
>   And that trait ingratiates with those amongst us who have base
> impulses for which we fear we might be shamed.
>
> And that includes everyone.  But then most of us have superegos that
> constrain us.  Trump less so.

Ah, but HIS is a SuperDuperEgo... just ask him, he'll tell ya!

I don't know what your stake (or dog in the fight or ... pick a
metaphor) is regarding collective
consciousness/awareness/intelligence/wisdom/action in the abstract but
it seems your background would support having an opinion or more to the
point a thought-through-thought or two on the topic.

If there are suitable parallels between individual consciousness and
collective versions of it, what would be the superego of a culture,
people, nation-state, etc.?