[FRIAM] Today's Sermon:: a minor awokening

⛧ glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 16:58:02 EDT 2020

I realize you're mostly forming a rhetorical point. But there are two flaws that lead the reader down the wrong path:

- entitlement indicates progress, and
- meritocracy is a delusion

I often argue that the entitlement displayed by our snowflake children is a Good sign that society is progressing. If our children are complaining about higher 'needs' vs basic needs, then maybe we are doing our job. That goes for right wing children, too. The more side-shaved neo-Monarchists trolling the internet, the more it shows they have more free time and don't have to spend 12 hours a day hoeing dirt just to stay alive.

And the idea that start-ups exhale incompetence is a belly-laugh joke. Start-ups promote the gamers with the most game. Now sometimes employing a good gamer puts you ahead of your competition ... especially if the job of the gamer is to convince victims to buy shit they don't need, or sell their personal data for social media status. But for the overwhelming majority of start-ups, you end up with cubicles full of gamers, all super-skilled at buck-passing and hobbies like paddle-boarding.

--
glen ⛧