[FRIAM] effective altruism

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:01:26 EDT 2020

This guy has a reasonable hypothesis. That's where I learned of the "make it rain" site.

Why do people keep getting this wrong‽
https://youtu.be/6egeUxIEQnM

Given what I've seen, personally, in how people don't understand or even use units well, it's reasonable. And the ancillary context (like excitement and urgency of being on set, or on social media, as well as the stigma of consistently being a slow-thinking skeptical curmudgeon) definitely causes people to think badly about all sorts of things beyond simple arithmetic.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ