[FRIAM] Getting You Libertarians' Goats

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:38:48 EDT 2020

This is exactly the type of observation the ideal of anarcho-syndicalism would foster. Ideally, we could *induce* the current structure from such coupling patterns, including higher order couplings (like tertiary couplings -- "interpretations" -- to other couplings). With the induction tools, we can infer the current structure as well. We could argue for "evidence based policy", a data-driven socio-political modeling tool. But because our political structure is mostly top-down (e.g. Constitutional Republic), it *seems* more facile to use typical economic models rather than inducing models from data. Adopting a minimal-assumption ideal like anarcho-syndicalism can help seed the induction. But only as long as we continually remember it's an ideal, not a practical objective.

As we get good at such induction, we could do it periodically, in different geographic regions, in different demographics, etc. That might provide some data for how universal particular structures are, rates of change for particular structures, the distribution of structure sizes, etc. A social democratic system might, then, be approached by codifying the larger more stable structures into policy/law, while allowing the smaller less stable structures the freedom to wiggle.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ