[FRIAM] Getting You Libertarians' Goats

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Sep 18 11:22:45 EDT 2020

EricC -

Thanks for your thought out, coherent summary/analysis.   I think you
cover the issues (as I see them) well, conflating credentials with
competence or capability (while there is a correlation, sometimes it is
negative, and in fact it is just a tiny subdomain within a higher
dimensional space).

My own collapse/summary of the topic is that there is a complex tension
between the instincts of the individual as organism and the individual
as a member of a family/community/tribe/species/nation/culture/planet...

I have been trying to let Glen's offering of Anarcho-Syndicalism settle
in my heart/brain/soul a little more before I "respond-from-the-hip".
While I don't expect this particular convolution of the above issues to
be "an answer", it does sound like a useful "stalking horse" to think
from (closest idiom to what I previously used "strawman" to achieve).

- SteveS