[FRIAM] why some people hate cops

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:50:27 EDT 2020

I really enjoyed this book when I read it:

Newton's Gift: How Sir Isaac Newton Unlocked the System of the World
https://bookshop.org/books/newton-s-gift-how-sir-isaac-newton-unlocked-the-system-of-the-world/9780743217767

Then when I found out the author was (is?) a renowned Intelligent Designer, I was *embarrassed* for liking his book. I kept the book on my shelves for at least a decade to remind myself of the feeling. Whether my embarrassment is reasonable or not is irrelevant, though. There's a problem promulgating any kind of information that may lead people down the wrong reason-chain. We are stupid and irrational.

However, this next video is, hands down, the best explanation for why I and many of the people I know distrust cops. It's unfortunate that he believes the nonsense that is Christianity ... worse yet, that he converted from atheism to Christianity. Bah, I guess we're all "large" and contradict ourselves. Aside from all the crypto-preaching, the core content is spot on:

Why Some People Hate Cops (An Ex-Con Explains)
https://youtu.be/TnD5lS-rHJY

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ