[FRIAM] why some people hate cops

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:33:10 EDT 2020

LoL! Thanks for that. Yes, the gist is that when one is unwillingly [⛧] subjugated to the whims of jerks, that event (and the agents behind it) stand out prominently in one's mind until you die. And even after you die, if you're a member of a community, that subjugation can be "remembered" by the community. Hence, the jerk cops stand out and are remembered while any happenstance non-jerk cop one encounters do not.

Moreover, a system that doesn't work *hard enough* to limit the presence and effect of the jerk cops foments even more remembering of the jerk cops. This is, to me, another form of "policing one's group". If the jerk cops are tolerated by the non-jerk cops, even in the slightest thing like grabbing your cell phone for no reason, then you and your community will be *more* likely to hate cops.

As an addendum, he points out that even if a jerk cop isn't racist, if the jerk cop has a different color skin than you do, you're more likely to remember that. This seems to treat the "I'm not racist" issue nicely.

He says somewhere in the video that he's not talking about "systemic racism". But I think that's only because he hasn't thought enough about systemic racism.

Sorry for wasting time. I watched/listened it during my calisthenics this morning ... so the only loss I suffered was opportunity cost for the stuff I could have had playing.

p.s. The guy clearly suffers from mental illness. I feel kinda bad for making fun of his Christianity.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ