[FRIAM] God in Science and Religion (was Re: why some people hate cops)

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:52:05 EDT 2020

Nick,

Did you ever read "Brideshead Revisited" by Evelyn Waugh?  Or see the PBS
production.  The patriarch of an English Catholic family who is an avowed
atheist in a moment of oblivion on his deathbed crosses himself as he takes
his last breath.  A rigid Freudian would say that he was unintegrated.

I often wonder if we will have an epiphany (root meaning visit from God) as
we die.  A friend who had open heart surgery while his heart was stopped
said, "No, Frank".  But he wasn't really dead.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505