[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Apr 2 12:24:55 EDT 2021

(I meant "If so", not "If no".)

-----Original Message-----
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Marcus Daniels
Sent: Friday, April 2, 2021 9:19 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

< And, legally, emotionally, etc. there's no denying that the *majority* of this mechanistic work happens *inside* our skin. So, when one's collection of interacting feedbacks chooses to, say, murder someone, it's patently True that that particular bag of meat decided to do that of their own "free will". This doesn't depend on persnickety academic sophistry teasing out traditional vs. scientific free will.  >

Was the murder a necessary consequence of holistic trajectory of the evolving universe?   If no, then "free will" is just a perception as Nick and this paper argue.  A high-order reactive set of functions are still just that.