[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Apr 2 13:33:46 EDT 2021

Jon writes:

< Localizing water to the molecule and then abstracting it to its objective form is to bracket all that might be interesting about the fate of the thing localized, the abstraction being an abstraction from the universes unfolding. I wouldn't conclude that H20 has a will, but for me, it would be because we removed vitality from the description. >

Glen writes:

< I think it's incomplete to say "perception" or "experience". It's loopy perception, feedbacks. And that implies that its calculation would involve some estimation of limits, convergence, fixed points, etc. And that's computationally distinct from the non-loopy percolation of water through soil. >

Ok, a Tesla in full autopilot mode?    Does it have free will?

Marcus

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/