[FRIAM] lockdowns

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:31:57 EDT 2021

Weird. "What I want" is different from "what I want to be true". I can answer the former, but not the latter. For example, I want to have less fat around my torso. But I can't say anything about whether I want it to be true *that* I have less fat around my torso.

In the context of public health ... what I want is for the public to be healthier ... e.g. less fat. (FWIW, I don't care that much about people dying ... of any particular condition from covid to guns ... but I do care that while they're alive, they be healthier. So I care more about the long-term impacts of covid infection than I do dying from covid infection.) When you ask a question like "what do you want to be true about public health", I get confused.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ