[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Apr 7 21:07:55 EDT 2021

If the brain is like a planet, then simulate the planet on a deterministic computer.   A temperature knob or a field can help coax a fixed system from one phase of in-silico matter to another, and will give indistinct roles for microstates that don’t directly indicate macrostates.    I see how this has complicated reductionism a little but I don’t see how it facilitates free will.