[FRIAM] Free Will in the Atlantic

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Apr 9 21:20:25 EDT 2021

't Hooft mentions the possible implications for quantum computing.   This model brings to mind the old lattice gas architecture designs as a possible simulation approach.[1]
Also being interested in artificial atoms in a highly isolated environment instead of "real" ones, some of the objections like impossible to understand or control initial conditions as in pilot wave interpretations might not apply.   I guess I got distracted from the free will topic.   Regarding that, I can't help myself!

[1] And it makes me wonder if my old boss Chris was inadvertently writing quantum programs, back in the day!   Later, there was a community around quantum cellular automata for a while, but I think the field decohered.