[FRIAM] A Theory of (Almost) Everything - IEEE Spectrum

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Apr 15 13:20:41 EDT 2021

Let’s see, if I go to www.fueleconomy.gov<http://www.fueleconomy.gov> it says a Tesla model 3 is 24 kWh/100 mi.   That’s about 66 miles round trip from Santa Fe to Los Alamos.
So I get 20,592 kWh of energy use for 5 days of driving a week for 5 years.   Then the battery would likely get converted into battery storage for solar.
Also the energy that goes into manufacturing batteries will steadily improve as technology improves.   kWh is not a great metric either for impact on the planet.