[FRIAM] murder offsets

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Apr 15 21:33:48 EDT 2021

https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-is-booming-in-economically-challenged-argentina

Technically *coins are as "fiat" as government currencies, having
nothing backing them.   Bitcoin has a defined max # of 21M for what
*that* is worth.   Fiat +/- ?

I think our previous discussion (that fizzled?) on "what is wealth for?"
is being addressed here again.   I appreciate Glen's characterization as
money being a quantity for stock and flow and that *value* comes from
flow, to the point that excessive hoarding (stock) is not a good thing.

Wealth (stored value?) is like anything else (including) free Energy...
it is *at best* a means to another ends and must be considered in the
context of what anyone might value (which varies with context).   A
healthy food forest and the knowledge/skill to maintain and propogate it
might be fundamentally more valuable than a mattress full of krugerands
(or kangaroos or maple leafs or trump-busts) in gold, or even cases of
.45 ACP ammo or seeds, or cryptokeys loaded with Bitcoin.   Oh yeah, and
a functioning, healthy community?