[FRIAM] the tragedy of the voice operated lights

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 09:44:47 EDT 2021

Ha! We recently had the grandkids+daughter-in-law here, adding 5 for a total of 7 people, each of which with at least 1 wifi device in addition to our 3 rokus, 2 phones, weather monitor, PS3, and Renee's laptop. I could *feel* my neoplasms growing. (Yes, that's a joke.) I can only imagine what the network would look like if our coffee machine, fridge, vehicles, furnace, door locks, light bulbs, etc. were all online.

I purposefully bought my desktop and gaming machine without a wifi card. I'm thinking about wiring the house and abandoning wifi wherever possible.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ