[FRIAM] semi-idle question

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Apr 26 16:35:42 EDT 2021

It seems to me the social and legislative reactions to COVID-19, such as they are, are not so different from the choice to use CRISPR to engineer around a disease at the population level.   They are both high-order behaviors that come from evolution, they aren't separate from it.  There are unforeseen consequences to action and inaction.   There's not a conservative stay-on-course-for-sure option.  The sands shift out from under us.