[FRIAM] interesting scoping

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Tue Apr 27 18:38:03 EDT 2021

The paragraph under Implementation is consistent with my experience.   I guess Newman comes in with use cases that have more local connectivity (e.g. social networks).   For other types of networks like highly overlapped constraint problems, this will fall on its ass.   For quantum annealers (at least those using superconductors) it isn't really possible to directly realize globally dense connections because there is no way to route all the qubit inductors loops in 3-D space.  Belief propagation is one thing that has been tried in that community.  I think the factorize the Hamiltonian idea only make sense if you know something about the problem ahead of time.