[FRIAM] What makes you who you are?

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Wed Apr 28 14:32:49 EDT 2021

I dunno... there are plenty of times I feel hunger and am neither
preparing to eat, nor do I prepare to eat because I'm hungry.   Other
times, I might find myself eating out of social obligation, idle
boredom, habit.    I'm not claiming that hunger and eating are
unrelated, but I find it a bit much to collapse one into the other.

Do grazing animals (maybe baleen whales in the extreme?) eat because
they are hungry?   I've had dogs who appear to be hungry all the time,
or at least anytime they are in the presence of food, or a human who
might respond to their begging by getting them some food.