[FRIAM] Natures_Queer_Performativity_the_authori.pdf

jon zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:08:55 EDT 2021

This article makes me think that I would enjoy a course in queer studies.
I am interested to see how tools developed there are utilized and how
such analyses can provide insight into questions of boundary, object,
and identity. I am not sure of many other fields of study where there
is such an explicit emphasis on developing a rich theory of mereology,
and it does not take too much imagination to see that creating such
generalized tools and techniques can be of value to complexity science.
Glen's Wikipedia reference to Barad's agential realism summarizes some
of what I am finding interesting and applicable to the philosophy of
science. There is a distinct deconstructional component to the writing.
I appreciate that the author's approach is not purely deconstruction for
its own sake, but part of a larger project of reconstruction. Discovery
versus construction appears, to me, a difference between science and
engineering. The article appears to offer more to the former. Maybe
amoeba's are altruists.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/