[FRIAM] ruined my friday afternoon

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:36:08 EDT 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/30/colorado-police-loveland-officers-resign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmtxTWTTdC4

We met a guy the other day who countered our assertion that jury duty is a civil duty with "You don't want me on your jury!" He claimed he would *always* take the law enforcement side because anyone who's had "contact with the system" is most likely a criminal. Both Renee' and I were disgusted by the assertion. We later found out he's a union rep for prison guards and is big in Washington lobbying for guards' rights to aggressively handle prisoners. I'd just gotten over my disgust with that arbitrary dude ... then see this today. [sigh]

Fucking cops.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ