[FRIAM] off-label technologies, exaptatiion and exponential technological growth.

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Aug 7 13:41:08 EDT 2021

The pushback on everything from low wattage lighting to mask mandates leaves me thinking that there is really only one thing that motivates certain people:  That they can do whatever the hell they want and, crucially, that other people cannot.   A living wage infringes on that ranking and so must be terrible.   What if there were physical space for everyone, food for everyone, and many optional ways to invest one’s time?   What if one didn’t need a wage at all?  What if you had to decide for yourself what was worth doing?  Heck, what if one (some post-human) didn’t even need food and didn’t need to reproduce?