[FRIAM] off-label technologies, exaptatiion and exponential technological growth.

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:06:51 EDT 2021

What I find magical about both cats and people is how plastic we are. The point of a regimen is to clamp down against that plasticity ... turn us into robots. I'm no Dionysian. But the idea of clamping out all the variation that allows us to go off a local optimum to find (collectively) a higher peak is a bit disgusting to me, no pun intended. That we have supplements that help trigger some of the pathways triggered by fasting is a great example, but susceptible to pseudoscience.

Many doctors, physicians' assistants, anesthesiologists, etc. ... especially cardiologists, seem so rigorous about their lifestyles they seem unhealthy to me. One of Renee's friends and co-workers back in Oregon fit the description given for *orthorexia* to a T <https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/learn/by-eating-disorder/other/orthorexia>.

Brings to mind the quote attributed to Wilde: "Everything in moderation, including moderation."

On 8/9/21 8:30 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> A vaccine installs information in the immune system about antigen.   Exercise (or fasting) distills into various kinds of cell and signaling changes.   (Like in the current example with insulin resistance.)    Systematic control of the body (and brain) through chemicals or biologics isn't possible yet, but many causal relations are understood or at least have been tested for safety.    What I find strange is that so many people (and not just anti-vaxxers) prefer total ignorance to partial ignorance.   I would rather turn a knob to select my weight or VO2 max than have to run 10 miles a day.  Not just because it is easier or uses less time, but it because it is way cooler.

☤>$ uǝlƃ