[FRIAM] vax v unvax

uǝlƃ ☤>$ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 15:53:43 EDT 2021

Soooo ... our house cleaner is anti-vax. My friends tell me we should fire her. I've resisted confronting her over it. But hospitals being overrun influenced me to press her a little bit. I claimed that the majority of hospitalizations are the unvaxxed. She claimed that down near her (I think closer to Centralia, WA), it was flipped, that the majority of hospitalizations were vaccinated. We had the usual conversation where she ended with "you believe your data and I believe my data" blather. So I decided to see if I could find news articles claiming the majority of hospitalized covid cases are the vaccinated. And I found this:

Higher Death, Hospitalization Rates Among Vaccinated Individuals: UK COVID-19 Data
https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/07/04/deaths-hospital-vaccinated-uk.html

Most COVID-19 Patients at Israel Hospital Fully Vaccinated, Doctor Calls Mandates ‘Diabolic’
https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/08/08/israel-hospital-vaccinated.html

They're both from the "Vision Times", which looks to me like a Falun Gong outlet, popular with Trumpists, anti-CCP, etc. So, I don't really want to do any debunking or verification. I *want* to write it off as garbage. But their source: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1001359/Variants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_16.pdf seems legit. And the numbers in the article seem to match Table 4.

Plugging in the numbers from the latest briefing: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-of-novel-sars-cov-2-variant-variant-of-concern-20201201

It really does seem to show that the death rate among vaxxed is higher than that among unvaxxed.

The LifeSiteNews site is obviously troll nonsense. But my concern is mostly about that tech report from the UK and Herzog Hospital. Are these counter examples to the NYT unvax/vax data? Are they small enough to be within error?

--
☤>$ uǝlƃ