[FRIAM] First of 2 questions

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 17:50:52 EDT 2021

I was given a PNY brand SSD for a present  about march this year. this last
Thursday. the damn thing stopped working. As in on strike, took a dump on
the bed. And Nothing I have done will get the F'n thing back to life.

Symptoms are that it doesn't show up in BIOS, Windows thinks it's a
unformated drive, booting into Ubuntu to try to get the fucking to to just
god damn work gives a million errors about nodes, and F'sync.
And my hunch is the POS has died.
Questions!  Does thatis happen to SSD's? they'll just stop working,
because, reasons?  Family naturally wants do stuff with a warante not sure
it's worth it if the fucker just died.
I have tried unplugging cables, wiggling wobling and just about everything
to get it back to life.
On the off chance the bastard can be revived: is their software out their
to force the god damn thing to work? windows
https://ibb.co/TH2rvc0 <---this is what the fucking thing does now

Expected behavior: a disk named Big Phun, with about 800gigs used as at
slot I
Actual Behavior: it ignored ElectroBoom and grabbed a bunch of wires, out
for the count.

My hunch is it's as dark matter.

Follow up Qs
Are SSDs just unreliable?
Are old-school  SATA  drives better as far as not flying apart when hitting
transwarp?