[FRIAM] Medical treatments for some or for all

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Thu Aug 19 16:26:54 EDT 2021

Good point. Yes, governors, presidents and chancellors should receive special protection. But if politicians do not care that their people get the best protection (for example because they oppose masks which obviously help against a respiratory disease - both governor Abbott and former president Trump did this) it feels wrong to me if they themselves get a treatment which is so expensive that ordinary people can not hope to get it. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/31/world/greg-abbott-mask-vaccine-mandate.html-J.
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Schiltz <gary at naturesvisualarts.com> Date: 8/19/21  20:58  (GMT+01:00) To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Medical treatments for some or for all Is it right? Is it right that I can eat steak and some can’t afford enough rice and beans? The world is grossly unfair  I’m sure I’m not the only one who struggles with the unfairness of the world. The question is what to do about it. How much social disruption would occur from a governor dying in office? Or a president? On Thu, Aug 19, 2021 at 11:32 AM Jochen Fromm <jofr at cas-group.net> wrote:The governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, has tested positive for the virus, although he is fully vaccinated. He has no symptoms but receives the same $100,000 Regeneron treatment as Donald Trump, maybe because he sits in a wheelchair and belongs to a risk group. Is it right that famous politicians are getting the most expensive treatments while ordinary people have to worry if they can pay a treatment at all, for instance because they have lost their health insurance? https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/17/1028574761/texas-governor-greg-abbott-tests-positive-covid-19-coronavirus-J.- .... . -..-. . -. -.. -..-. .. ... -..-. .... . .-. .
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam
archives: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/