[FRIAM] Kill it!

David Eric Smith desmith at santafe.edu
Wed Aug 25 00:14:49 EDT 2021

> Note: Some beehives have a defense, they clump around the scout in a buzzing ball, and though many in the ball lose their heads, collectively they raise the temperature of the hornet scout and "cook" it.   It doesn't release enough pheromone such that the other hornets follow up.

All, do find internet videos on this.  There are several.  I think I sent them around some months ago, and couldn’t bring myself to spam again with them.

I sent them to friends with titles like “lesson in democracy”.

Japanese bees can do this.  American (naturalized European) bees cannot.  This all seems very depressing, in addition to its real damage.

Eric