[FRIAM] On the: RLY!? side

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Thu Aug 26 03:00:19 EDT 2021

Sarbajit,

When covid started I was very worried about India with it's high population
density. But according to
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries the deaths/1M
population in India is 313. In the USA, for example, the figure is 1950
deaths/1M population.

Further, according to
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/ India seems to be
dodging the delta variant, because the daily new cases has been dropping
since May and seems to be staying low.

My point is, India seems to be doing relatively less bad than many other
countries.

Then, there seems to be relatively high prophylactic and early treatment
use of ivermectin in India.
Refer to:
https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/lucknow/uttar-pradesh-government-says-ivermectin-helped-to-keep-deaths-low-7311786/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/05/11/indian-state-will-offer-ivermectin-to-entire-adult-population---even-as-who-warns-against-its-use-as-covid-19-treatment/?sh=18acd8956d9f
https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/epidemiologic-analyses-on-covid19-and-ivermectin/
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout---part-iii-the-lesson-of-kerala/article_ccecb97e-044e-11ec-9112-2b31ae87887a.html

I'd like to have your views on this. Is there a possible causal link
between the use of ivermectin and low new covid infections in India?

Pieter