[FRIAM] On the: RLY!? side

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Aug 26 15:36:35 EDT 2021

A woman brings in her husband to an ER having a heart attack, and she shows the staff vaccinations record for both of them, versus a man that obviously has COVID and his wife says there was no vaccination, and they never would consider it.  All things being equal if a choice is needed to take one first (because of lack of capacity), why should a nurse or doctor prioritize the person who makes it clear they have chosen to endanger the hospital workers?  There are interviews in the news lately with such people, some of them now dead.  I can dig them up if you want.

Yes, I understand there are practicalities make this hard to make policy, but as a thought experiment, why give a shit about the latter?   Given finite resources, some decisions about how to deploy staff have to be made.  Do these resources go to the COVID wing or not?