[FRIAM] Eternal questions

⛧ glen gepropella at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 09:36:38 EDT 2021

I can't shake the feeling that it doesn't matter what I write, here. But I'm stubborn.

My point has been that our feelings are forms of self-attention. And if we take self-attention seriously, it may not be necessary for the learning to be 'socially taught'. One part of the body can learn the patterns of another part of the body, without any inter-body social interaction.

If that happens in each body, then the slight differences in each body can lead to different learned patterns in each body. And if that happens, the 'hard problem' becomes one of uniqueness. How different are the intra-body learned patterns?

Inter-individual influence will dampen the diversity of intra-body learned patterns, but perhaps only to some extent. Even with that dampening, we might each be ever so slightly unique, such that no one body can ever accurately explain any other body [¶].

Or, perhaps that uniqueness is negligible for any 2 similarly structured bodies. So intraspecies mind reading is justified. But interspecies mind reading is not. Or maybe all mammals can mind read each other. But reptile-mammal mind reading can't happen.

[¶] Even if we allow a long-memory, perfect information demon, observing the body from the outside, that demon might not have access to the self-attention learning inside the target.

--
glen ⛧