[FRIAM] "All [persons] are created equal"

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 10:22:33 EDT 2021

Thank you Pieter.  New Thought!

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> On Behalf Of Pieter Steenekamp
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2021 3:09 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] "All [persons] are created equal"

And the elephant in the room is (.. sound of drums please ..) :

"All [groups] are created equal"

On Sun, 29 Aug 2021 at 03:21, <thompnickson2 at gmail.com <mailto:thompnickson2 at gmail.com> > wrote:

Hi, Eric,

Again, you appear to confound similarity with equality.  Ex hypothesi and NOT because I am a communist, let us invent a world in which we each serve different functions but are all paid exactly the same for serving them.  That would be a world in which there was maximum dissimilarity but financial equality.  Similarity has to with what we do; equality to do with how it’s valued.

Not you say that the world I just invented is too strange to be relevant.  But is it that much stranger than a world in which I stand talking non-sense to a bunch of students for a pretty good salary while others of my generation to get shot at in Vietnam for peanuts?   Ditto you and Iraq.

Nick

Nick Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/