[FRIAM] Dear Long Suffering Colleagues

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 00:01:46 EST 2021

Some jargon that "we" use.  The kind of causation where time order matters
is called "actual causation" or "token causation".  Hitting the glass with
a a hammer causes it to break.

The other kind is called "statistical" or "probabilistic" causation.
Smoking causes cancer.

See Glymour, et al "Actual Causation and Thought Experiments".

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505