[FRIAM] Secrets of the Surface: 2020 documentary on Maryam Mirzakhani

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:19:54 EST 2021

Thanks, Jon, for the link to the documentary about Maryam Mirzakhani. She
is one of the nine women mathematicians featured in my art series, A Room
of Her Own. She appears in the lower right corner of the attached image.
Each piece is 12"x12".

George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
georgeduncanart.com
See posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Land: (505) 983-6895
Mobile: (505) 469-4671

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.