[FRIAM] Me Too, Cancel Culture, and Art

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:32:15 EST 2021

Perhaps graffiti is the answer?  Every generation get to scrawl on the statue whatever they may have learned from it.   Perhaps the ponderousness of the original erection process should be mirrored in the graffiti process.  Money should be raised, a committee formed, to determine the nature of the graffiti.  So, perhaps, the answer is not to take the statue down but, say, to dangle it by it's feet with an inscription like, "'savages', you say, you who have committed genocide upon my people".  Let that stand in the Plaza for a few decades.

Nick Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/