[FRIAM] social media influence on XYZ

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:24:13 EST 2021

Yeah, sample bias is always a risk, just like it was with the GameStop thing. But I think it slightly misses the point. Even though we think of social media as something we voluntarily participate in, it goes way beyond that, from CCD cameras all over the city to popularity-based recommendation algorithms, face recognition scraping, Google maps location tracking, etc.

E.g. The Jester used to have a sentiment analysis tool that examined people's online writings, tweets, etc. that assessed whether or not that person had violent tendencies. And, as I commented before, I'd like to know whether Tom Trenchard is an alias for S. Adam Seagrave, which I think could be determined with techniques similar to those used here.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ