[FRIAM] PM-2017-MethodologicalBehaviorismCausalChainsandCausalForks(1).pdf

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 12:37:48 EST 2021

"Screening off" is an informal term of art in causal reasoning.  If A,B,
and C are random variables, the Causal Markov Condition asserts that if A
causes B and B causes C then knowing the value of A provides no information
about the probability density of C over knowing the value of B.

It is also said that B screens off the causal effect of A on C.

I hope that helps,

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly