[FRIAM] metaphor

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:14:58 EST 2021

Even more evidence that wingnuts lack the anatomy for irony:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rush-limbaugh-nicotine-addictive/

"There is no conclusive proof that nicotine's addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease."

I don't care about his politics. I care about his idiocy disguised as skepticism. On the Reveal podcast: https://revealnews.org/episodes/a-transfer-of-power/ they interview Robert Jeffress, who claims Trump should get *credit* for the speed of vaccine development. But when asked about Trump getting blame for botching at least some of the COVID response, he dodges.

There's a similar thing going on with the NYT doxing of Slate Star Codex. Suskind's rhetoric that Rationalism is an on-ramp *and* an off-ramp to/from radicalization smells like Bad Faith to me. He's going the route of the Brett Weinsteins and Sam Harrises ... the same way right wingnuts back-pedal when someone's offended by claiming "It was just a joke, snowflake."

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ