[FRIAM] truth, reality, & narrative

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:28:22 EST 2021

Well said! Of course, my contrarian nature (and my laziness) forces me to cross-check a proposition from one narrative to another, which is what lead me to the Ramsey sentence concept and what I find intriguing about category theory. I'm completely incompetent to talk about anything Carnap did or any component of category theory, really. And I'm not a mathematician or philosopher. But I do grok reusable components, composition, and [ab]use.

Consuming any narrative *is* self-programming. You are what you eat, be it Rick and Morty or Quantum ElectroDynamics.

For those of us who program themselves *toward* a (mythical) objective, the question becomes one of nature-nurture. Is self-programming built in or acquired? And what's the value of a liberal education (or travel as a kid)? Can self-programming be modified ... programmed-self-programming? Or are we doomed to be just like that old person, accidentally radicalized by the Fox News playing 24/7 in the nursing home?

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ