[FRIAM] the power of metaphor.

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:12:30 EST 2021

I am anticipating how I would feel if I saw Trump when he is desperately
afraid as he suffers during his final illness and cries that it is unfair
that he has to die given how rich, talented ... whatever... he is.  Will I
remember how much I detested him?  Or would I feel sad for him.  The latter
involves what I mean by "empathy".

I say "would" rather that "will" because I doubt that I will be aware of
his suffering.  After all, I am older than he is.  I am thinner however.

---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,
Santa Fe, NM 87505