[FRIAM] the power of metaphor.

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:18:06 EST 2021

Yeah, sorry about that. My plans were interrupted. But you were the only one who expressed any interest in the experiment anyway. RCV can be complicated. See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3K2g6lIQMWsUEJPbUhnOG9JQ3M/view

In particular, the options for how you handle ties is interesting when there are a small number of voters. The process used for the recent Olympia city council seat was sensitive to that (as well as some other things). If you check out this app, you can see some of the moving parts:

  https://github.com/BrightSpots/rcv

If Joe Sixpack can't understand Pence's ceremonial role in counting EC votes, there's no way he'll understand RCV. *And* there's often a counter-intuitive result from the voting. So if we have umpteen allegations in our current election system, we'd have umpteen^umpteen allegations with an RCV system. [sigh] It's too bad stupidity isn't painful.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ