[FRIAM] Poetry Slams vs biologic Percean Logic Machine Emulator

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jan 12 21:12:58 EST 2021

glen -

Just to let the thread fray down to nothing here, I do agree that we
mostly agree... the big difference between Adams and Trump might be
about self-awareness and openly "owning" this style of "communication"
and what the utility/implication of it might be.

I appreciate your perspective on PoMo as being more (all?) about the
qualities of the signalling focusing on power relations.   To tie it
back into the original topic, I think you are saying the spoken/written
word is less authentic than actions, but might agree that in some view
all of it is signalling?   Or not.

Your (re)schooling of me on registration/binding and
Clustering/Classification/Categorization...
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5064928/difference-between-classification-and-clustering-in-data-mining#:~:text=Classification%20is%20a%20process%20of,correctly%20defined%20observations%20are%20available.>
is a good reminder of what I should have known.  I think the only
remaining disparity is that I thought you imputed more semantics into
"registration" than perhaps you do.

As it is with all duals, each one is an alternate but full encoding of
the other.  The Utility, however, seems to be that shifting from one to
the other helps to break our preconceived notions and expose some of our
blind spots.  A fully enlightened/astut observer might not need this
distinction... foreground as background as foreground?

- steve