[FRIAM] it's world logic day!

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:25:57 EST 2021

I tend to follow the standard diagnostic caveat that some thing isn't a problem until/unless it *interferes* with one's daily activities. And the dose is the poison. Arrogance (or over-confidence), as Jon pointed out one time can be quite useful and appropriate in some circumstances. (I don't find it "endearing". But I admit it can be useful.) But when it interferes with your understanding, as your insistence about your understanding of logic *does*, then it's inappropriate and not useful.

You are debilitating yourself by this particular over-confidence. I don't think Merle is in the same boat. But I don't have time to respond to her contribution just yet.

E.g. here's my favorite definition of logic: "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ